Superior Court
1116 W. Broadway Ave
3rd Floor Annex
Spokane, WA 99260
Contact Us
Skip Navigation Links
Print this page 
Email this page to a friend 

Court House Facilitator (Family Law)

Spokane County Courthouse
1116 W. Broadway, Room 101
Family Law Center
Spokane, WA  99260-0350



For the Family Court Facilitator hours:  Court Facilitator Hours 


A fee of $25 must be paid to the Clerk’s Office prior to your second or subsequent visit with the Family Court Facilitator. 

There is no charge for your first visit with the Family Court Facilitator. 

If you have seen the Facilitator since 1/1/2010, that will be considered as your first visit and you will be charged the fee.

The Clerk’s Office accepts cash, cashier’s checks or money orders ONLY. Be sure to keep your receipt for verification – it must be presented to Staff in the Family Law Center, Room 101 of the Spokane County Courthouse, in order to set your appointment session time.

For additional information in regards to the Family Court Facilitator User Fee.

  • The user fee (of $25 or $10 if reduced) must be paid in the Clerk's Office before you may schedule an appointment or sign-up for the walk-in sheet, if this is your second or subsequent visit.
  • You must provide proof of State assistance in order to reduce the user fee to $10.  Fill out the Request for Reduction of Court Facilitator User Fee form and present to Staff in Room 101.
  •  You must save your receipt from the Clerk's Office and present to the Family Law Center in order to schedule an appointment or sign-in for the walk-in sheet.
  • The Family Court Facilitator is NOT available via telephone, email or mail.
  • There will be no refunds of the Family Court Facilitator user fee 

If you are working on a Residential Schedule Action and want the Facilitator to review your documents, you must have proof of paternity in the court file or with you to sign in.

That would include: original copy of Paternity Affidavit or birth certificate or certified copy of the same.

About the Family Law Program

Decision Path GraphicThe Court House Facilitator (Family Law) program was established in Spokane County to provide assistance to citizens who choose to or who cannot afford an attorney to represent them in matters dealing with divorce (dissolution), custody, child support, paternity or non- parental (third party/grandparent) custody matters. Because of a reduction in free legal service programs, more than half of the cases filed have a pro se (self-represented) litigant involved. The Family Court Facilitator is a non-attorney who provides information to individuals who represent themselves in Superior Court in family law/domestic relations matters.

Court Column Graphic

Family Law / Domestic Relations Matters may include:

  • Dissolution/Legal Separation/Invalidity of a Marriage
  • Modification of Custody/Parenting Plan
  • Modification of Child Support Order
  • Establishment of Parentage (Paternity)
  • Non-parental (Third Party) Custody
  • Contempt of a Court Order

Information the Family Law Court House Facilitator may provide:

  • What mandatory forms are available and how to acquire them.
  • Which forms to complete to begin and to finalize a legal action.
  • Review of completed forms for procedural correctness (necessary blanks filled in and signed where required).
  • Explain local procedures for setting motions and other hearings on the court calendars.
  • Informational brochures and instruction sheets relating to domestic relation matters.
  • Information regarding referrals to mediation, legal, social service and governmental agencies.