High Drive Park Conservation Area
With a combined total acreage of approximately 10.3 acres, these acquisitions preserve a heavily-used trail corridor, an expansive view shed, and an important wildlife corridor above Latah Valley. This addition to High Drive Park was acquired in 2008 using Conservation Futures and currently managed by the City of Spokane Parks Department, these properties will continue to serve the needs of the public and wildlife for years to come.
Located at the corner of 16th and Ash Street, these properties contain several trails and provide extensive views south and west towards Latah Valley. The habitat consists of open Ponderosa Pine forest with a variety of native wildflowers in the spring.
See Spokane City Parks for more info.
- Dogs can be disruptive to wildlife and must be kept on a leash at all times while in the conservation area.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted at any time in the conservation area.
- Hunting and/or shooting are not permitted at any time in the conservation area.
- No campfires are permitted in the conservation area.
High Drive Park C.A. is located on South Hill along the slope falling towards Latah Valley and Latah Creek.
- Take the Maple St Exit, Exit #280 A
- Drive South 0.3 Miles and Merge onto W 4th Ave
- Drive 0.1 Miles and Turn left at S Maple,
- Drive 0.4 Miles continue on S Walnut ST
- 0.2 Miles continue on S Cedar ST
- Drive 0.3 Miles Turn Right at W 16th Ave
Note: Parking is limited; please take precautions.
Click here for a location and site map of the High Drive Park Addition Conservation Area (473 KB pdf) Full size print-out is 11 x 17, but can be scaled to 8.5 x 11.
Special attractions at the High Drive Park Conservation Area include:
- Scenic views overlooking Latah Creek and Latah Valley
- Open, Ponderosa pine forest
- Wildlife corridor along Latah Creek
- Provides crucial connection for trail network along and below High Drive.