Liberty Lake Conservation Area
The Conservation area property consists of 455 acres adjacent to the west side of Liberty Natural Area. The land varies in elevation from 2350' near the northeast corner to 3600' along the ridge. Ponderosa pine and Douglas fir forests as well as deciduous riparian shrubs are found on the property.
This land is part of the Quinnamose Creek watershed; it expands existing wildlife habitat areas which contain white-tailed deer, mule deer, elk, bear, cougar, moose, hawk, osprey, eagle and many upland birds.
Neighboring the Liberty Lake Natural Area, views from the ridge oversee Liberty Lake.
- Wildlife habitat
- Wildlife observation
- Nature Trails
- Equestrian trails
- Cross-country skiing
- Dogs can be disruptive to wildlife and must be kept on a leash at all times while in the conservation area.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted at any time in the conservation area.
- Hunting and/or shooting are not permitted at any time in the conservation area.
- No campfires are permitted in the conservation area.
- Take the Liberty Lake/Otis Orchards exit. #296
- Drive south on Liberty Lake Road for 0.8 miles
- Turn left (east) on Sprague Ave, drive for approximately 1 mile, past the golf course
- Sprague Ave turns into Neyland Ave, continue for approx 1 mile
- Turn right on Zephyr Rd
- Drive to Liberty Lake Natural Area, through the park entrance (fee=$2.00)
- Stay on road to camping/hiking trails, ending at RV campground
- Trail head is in the southwest corner; Conservation Area is on the west side of the park
Click here for a location and site map of the Liberty Lake Conservation Area (1.17MB pdf) Full size print-out is 11 x 17, but can be scaled to 8.5 x 11.
Special attractions at the Liberty Lake Conservation Area include:
- Medium to difficult hiking trails to Conservation Area
- Part of 7-mile hiking loop around Liberty Lake Natural Area
- Scenic views from ridge overlooking Liberty Lake
- Nearby access to Liberty Lake for swimming and recreation
The following animals have been sighted in or near the Liberty lake Conservation Area:
Please take precautions when hiking in the area.