Downriver Conservation Area
The property contains 2.53 acres of conservation land northwest of the Downriver Golf Course Clubhouse and within Downriver Park. It also borders on Riverside State Park. The property has frontage on the Spokane River.
- Dogs can be disruptive to wildlife and must be kept on a leash at all times while in the conservation area.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted at any time in the conservation area.
- Hunting and/or shooting are not permitted at any time in the conservation area.
- No campfires are permitted in the conservation area.
Downriver Conservation Area is located in northwestern Spokane.
- Exit at Maple Street, exit #280 and drive north 1.9 miles
- Turn left (northwest) on Northwest Boulevard for approximately 1.4 miles
- Turn left on Glass
- Glass turns into North Columbia Circle, drive for 0.2 miles.
- Turn right on Downriver Park Drive for 0.6 miles, past the Riverside State Park entrance
- Downriver Conservation Area is located on the west side of the road
- A gravel parking lot is available for multiple cars.
The Downriver Conservation area is located within the Downriver Natural Area. For a site-specific map, contract City of Spokane Parks Department. This included map shows the entire Natural Area.
Click here for a location and site map of the Downriver Conservation Area (878 KB pdf) Full size print-out is 11 x 17, but can be scaled to 8.5 x 11.
Special attractions at the Downriver Conservation Area include:
- 18-hole disc golf course
- Scenic views of the Spokane River
- Neighboring borders with Downriver Park and Riverside State Park
Wildlife content will be updated as information is made available.