Camp Sekani Conservation Area
The property contains 56.48 acres of conservation land immediately west of the Spokane Parks and Recreation Department's 125-acre Camp Sekani Park. The land is level to 40% side slopes and support young Ponderosa pine stands. Deer, coyote, pheasant, quail and hawks frequent the site.
Highly visible, the property can be seen from, and has views of, the Spokane river, Felts Field Airport, Spokane Interstate Fairgrounds, the Spokane Valley and the Hamilton Street Bridge.
- Dogs can be disruptive to wildlife and must be kept on a leash at all times while in the conservation area.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted at any time in the conservation area.
- Hunting and/or shooting are not permitted at any time in the conservation area.
- No campfires are permitted in the conservation area.
- Take exit #287 for Argonne Road, drive North 1.6 miles
- Turn left on Upriver Drive, drive for 1.5 miles
- Camp Sekani is located north of Upriver Drive
Note: Parking is limited; please take precautions.
Click here for a location and site map of the Camp Sekani Conservation Area (782 KB pdf) Full size print-out is 11 x 17, but can be scaled to 8.5 x 11.
Special attractions at Camp Sekani Conservation Area include:
- Hiking trails through Ponderosa pine forests
- Overlooking views of the Spokane River
Wildlife content will be updated as information is made available.