Lost and Found
SCRAPS provides an online listing of all currently impounded animals and a public lost and found pet report list. You can view these lists to determine if your lost pet was picked up by SCRAPS and is currently at the shelter or see if someone has reported your pet as found.
If you post an animal as lost or found on the public list please be aware - SCRAPS is NOT responsible for matching any pet posted on this site with animals that may be at our shelter or at another shelter in our area. Please see our Impounded Animals page for information regarding animals currently at our shelter.
Helpful pet finding hints:
- Make sure you pet is licensed and microchipped - identification is your pet's phone call home!
- Call Veterinarians: Your animal may have been injured and turned in.
- Call the County's Lost Pet Hotline: 477-8100.
- File a lost pet report on the SCRAPS Lost and Found Pet Reporting page and review the SCRAPS Lost and Found Pet list daily to see if someone reports your pet as found.
- Check Craigslist under both pets and lost and found http://spokane.craigslist.org . Post under lost and found.
- Visit the shelters every day. Our office personnel can not identify your pet over the phone.
- Put up brightly colored signs in your neighborhood and talk to mailmen, deliverymen, etc.
- Offer a reward.
- Place an ad in the paper and check found ads daily. Call if the description is even close. Check or post on http://spokane.craigslist.org/pet/
- Get out and look for your pet. Animals can get stuck in trees or under houses.
If you are looking for a lost pet, here is some information about their behavior. Understanding why they have run away may help you find them more quickly. Find out more about what your pet is thinking here.
SCRAPS: 477-2532, 6815 E. Trent
If you have found a lost or stray pet, please report it on the SCRAPS Lost and Found Pet Reporting page, look on the SCRAPS Lost and Found Pet List, and/or contact SCRAPS. A staff member will give you further information on how to proceed. If you are interested in keeping the animal at your home, information can be taken over the telephone to be posted for owners who are looking for their lost pet. You are also encouraged to contact the Spokesman-Review to place a free ad as well as posting on craigslist.