Spokane County
1116 W. Broadway Ave
Spokane, WA 99260
Contact Us
Print this page 
Email this page to a friend 

Emancipation of Minors

RCW 13.64.010. Declaration of Emancipation

Any minor who is sixteen years of age or older and who is a resident of this state may petition the superior court for a declaration of emancipation.

In Spokane County, you may obtain a packet of procedures and forms from the Juvenile Court receptionist - Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, or online at Juvenile Court Services - Forms and Newsletters.

The Juvenile Court receptionist is located at:

Juvenile Court Services Building
1208 West Mallon Avenue
Spokane WA 99201
Telephone: (509) 477-4742

If you have questions regarding emancipation please contact the Social Files at 509-477-2461.

The filing fee for a petition for emancipation for minors is $50.00 (cash or money order only). A petition to waive the filing fee may be presented to the court to waive the fee or a portion of the fee.