Spokane County
1116 W. Broadway Ave
Spokane, WA 99260
Contact Us
Print this page 
Email this page to a friend 

Domestic Violence/Anti-Harassment

Where do I get a domestic violence protection order or anti-harassment order? There are four types of court orders that address domestic violence. Each of these is slightly different and are discussed in Domestic Violence Information .

If you or someone else is in immediate danger, please call 9-1-1 NOW!

Forms and instructions

Forms and instructions are provided in person at the County Clerk's office and the District Court Clerk's office for domestic violence and anti-harassment.  Do NOT use the state website for forms and instructions - Spokane County has specific information on its forms that is required by the Court.


Domestic Violence - No cost to the petitioner
Anti-Harassment - $73.00 in Superior Court and District Court (Fees may be waived)
- Additional costs can include copy and service fees


You MUST file in the County Clerk's Office for Superior Court when:

  • the parties have minor children in common (together)
  • you are requesting the abuser be removed from a shared residence
  • requesting a restraining order when filing for divorce, legal separation, custody, or to determine parentage

County Clerk's Office, 1116 W. Broadway Rm. 300 - County Courthouse, Spokane

You MUST file in the District Court Clerk's Office when:

  • there are no minor children in common (together)

District Court Clerk's Office, Public Safety Bldg., 1100 W. Mallon 2nd Floor Crtrm #3., Spokane

Children's Waiting Room - The Children's Waiting Room is a free drop-in child care program available to any resident of Spokane County attending to business on the Spokane County Courthouse campus. Children between the ages of one and twelve are accepted into the program on a first-come, first-served basis. Parents or guardians attending to court business involving domestic (intimate partner) violence, however, are encouraged to call ahead to reserve space in the program. They may reach the program staff at (509) 477-6815 between 8:00 a.m. - Noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Children's Waiting Room is located in the basement of the Broadway Centre Building, 721 N. Jefferson, Room 101.

Domestic Violence & Anti-Harassment Orders

There are four types of court orders that address domestic violence. Each of these is slightly different, as discussed in Domestic Violence Information :

  • Order of Protection - Domestic Violence
  • Restraining Order
  • Order of Protection - Anti-Harassment
  • No Contact Order

If you have a court order, it is important to remember:

  • Keep a certified copy of your order with you at all times.
  • The order is enforceable throughout the State of Washington.
  • If there is a violation of your court order, call 9-1-1 or your local police. Tell them you have a court order and it is being violated.