The purpose of the Spokane County, Washington web site is to provide citizens, businesses and visitors with convenient and efficient access to information about Spokane County, Washington. As a convenience to users and in order to provide information about cultural, educational and recreational activities in the community, this web site may contain links that will take the user off this site to other web or computer sites that are not owned, regularly reviewed or controlled by the County.
The inclusion of these links should not be construed as an endorsement or sponsorship of these external web sites, their content or their hosts. The County specifically disavows legal responsibility for what a user may find on another site or for the personal opinions of individuals posted on any site whether or not operated by the County. The County is not responsible for accessibility of information provided on linked external websites. The County cannot and does not make any representation about these sites or the materials available there.
By using the County's web site, the user acknowledges and accepts that the County is not responsible for any materials stored on other web sites, nor is it liable for any inaccurate, defamatory, offensive or illegal materials found on other web sites, and that the risk of injury or damage from viewing, hearing, downloading or storing such materials rests entirely with the user. Linked sites may operate under privacy, security, cookies and other policies that differ from those of Spokane County or may operate under no policies in any or all of these areas.
Links may be made from the Spokane County web site to external web sites that meet the following criteria:
- Are maintained by a non-profit charitable, educational, hospital, scientific, human services, or cultural organization serving the Spokane County area or providing information relevant to the functions and services provided by the County.
- Exist for the purpose of providing information about public special events in or impacting the Spokane County area or for the purpose of promoting the area in a positive manner.
- Are maintained by a licensed, established news-gathering organization that has operated successfully for a minimum of one year as either: a printed newspaper with a regular circulation of no less than 3,000 and published at not less than monthly intervals within Spokane County; or a television station whose broadcast signal covers more than fifty-percent of the county's geographic area, and which provides a regular schedule of daily local news coverage and maintains a national network affiliation; or a radio station whose broadcast signal covers at least one-fourth of the county's geographic area and provides a regular daily schedule of local news coverage excluding news-talk programs or program segments.
- Are maintained by a state, local or federal government agency, judicial branch entity or local school or library board.
- Are maintained by an organization that receives direct financial support from the County.
- Provide an online tool to help users access information on the site, communicate with each other, or access official information, such as maps, regarding Spokane County.
- Provide search engines for the Spokane County web site
- Are maintained by authorized vendors providing services for this web site.
- Are maintained by for-profit businesses sponsoring a County event (ie. Spokane Interstate Fair).
- Are recognized Political Parties under RCW 29A.04.086 and .097 of which at least one nominee for President of United States, United States Senator, or a statewide office was on the ballot in the last general election held in an even-numbered year.
The County's web site is not intended to function as a public forum. To avoid the appearance of County endorsement, links are not allowed from the County web site to other sites that:
- Except as noted under Allowed Links, are politically partisan in that they are associated with, sponsored by or serving a candidate for elected office, any political party or an organization supporting or seeking to defeat any candidate for elective office or ballot proposal, or represent any political party or point-of-view, either officially or unofficially.
- Are strictly commercial, political or religious in nature.
- Are websites for or about families or individuals.