Emergency Services Communication Board
Purpose of the Emergency Services Communication Board
Provide rapid public access for coordinated dispatching of services, personnel, equipment and facilities for police, fire, medical or other emergency services.
Communications Building, 1620 N. Rebecca, Spokane, WA 99217
Meets the last Thursday of the month at 7:30 A.M.
Term: The terms of the members of the Board run in perpetuity as long as such individual retains the prerequisite for the position which they are filling or until their appointing body designates a new representative.
The term for lay members is four years. No appointment will extend the person's total appointment to more than eight consecutive years.
- The Spokane County Sheriff (or a duly appointed representative)
- A Spokane County Commissioner (or a duly appointed representative)
- The City of Spokane Fire Chief (or a duly appointed representative)
- The Fire Chief of Spokane County Fire Protection District No. 1 (or a duly appointed representative)
- A representative from the Spokane Medical Society
- A representative from the Inland Northwest Law Enforcement Liaison Group.
- A representative from the incorporated cities and towns within Spokane County other than the City of Spokane who shall be jointly appointed by such incorporated cities and towns
- Three lay citizens to be appointed by the Spokane County Board of Commissioners
- A representative from the City of Spokane Valley to be appointed by the City Council.
- Additional members may be appointed to the board by Spokane County Commissioners upon the recommendation of the Emergency Services Communication Board if it is deemed to be for the benefit of the Emergency Services Communications System.
The Board is responsible for the operation of the Emergency Services Communication System. Included within such operation, but not limited to, are the formulation and adoption of written rules and regulations in conjunction with the operation of the Emergency Services Communication System.
Meetings are held monthly and are usually 1 to 2 hours in length.
Spokane County Code/WAC & RCW References
State RCW 38.52.500