Spokane County Assessor
Monday - Thursday 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM,
Friday 8:30 AM - 1 PM.
Our Appraisal staff will be available & in the office
Wednesdays from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
A Message from the Assessor
May 28, 2014
Spokane County Residents,
The Spokane County Assessor’s Office will mail 203,633 valuation notices on May 30th. Notices will be mailed to all property owners with the exception of government exempt property. Copies of the notices will be posted on the Assessor’s website.
The notice will include a detachable post card that can be mailed to the Assessor’s Office to request a Senior/ Disabled Exemption application.
The Assessor’s Office analyzed 9,987 residential sales to determine the level of assessment for the 2014 assessment year. Generally, real estate sales in....read more...
- Revalue all real property parcels to market value annually.
- Inspect all real property parcels at least once every 6 years.
- Maintain inventory, description, ownership, sales and geographical information system mapping information for all county property parcels.
- Prepare annual statement of assessed valuations, tax rates and taxes levied within the various taxing districts of Spokane County.
- Provide information, education, and assistance.
- Provide public computer access to assessment data.
- Allocate value to taxing districts, calculate levy rates, and certify the tax roll to the Treasurer.
- Administer and provide information for property tax exemptions and deferrals:
- Senior citizen and disabled persons Property Tax Exemption
- Current Use Farm & Agriculture, Open Space, Forest Land, and Timber
- Historic properties
- Residential home improvement
- Defends assessments before the Board of Equalization, State Board of Tax Appeals & courts.