Veteran Services - Useful Links & Contacts
A link to the current WDVA "Veteran's Voices" Newsletter.
The National Resource Directory (NRD) is a website for wounded warriors, Service Members, Veterans, their families and those who support them. It provides access to services and resources at the national, state and local levels to support recovery, rehabilitation and community reintegration.
NEED TO TALK? Military One Source Counseling. For Immediate Help Call:1-800-342-9647 24/7. Your trusted source for referral to a private local counselor for military personnel, spouses and family at No cost to you!
eBenefits portal - VA website is a one-stop shop for online benefits-related tools and information. This portal is designed for Wounded Warriors, Veterans, Service Members, their families, and their caregivers.
Do you need to change your direct deposit with the VA? Call 1-877-838-2778 or 1-800-827-1000
VA's General Information Hotline: 1-800-827-1000
- Compensation & Pension, Education, Home Loans, Vocational Rehabilitation, Retirement, and more…
- Compensation Rate Tables (Effective 12/01/2009)
- VONAPP (veterans on-line application) Fill out a disability compensation claim online. Alternatively, you may print and mail-in VA Form 21-526 or call VA at 1-800-827-1000 to ask to have the form mailed to you.
- How do I appeal a claim denial?
- Board of Veteran's Appeals
- Center for Veteran's Business
- Center for Women's Veteran
- Center for Minority Veterans
- Forms and Records Request (order a copy of your DD-214 discharge papers)
- Help for Homeless Veterans
- Military Money $$$$
- Dept. of Veteran Affairs-My Health eVet
- VA Caregiver Support program- VA's Caregiver Support Hotline 1-855-260-3274 toll-free
- TRICARE - the health care program serving Uniformed Service members, retirees, and their families worldwide.
- The National Guard-Military Resources - This web site can link you to the National Guard offices in any state, for when you need to order NGB22s.
- The Band of Mothers- A support group for mothers of U.S. soldiers.
- Operation Mom - A national military family support group.
- Military SOS - Support site for military spouses and significant others, open to all loved ones of military service members, (active, reserve, and retired).
U.S. Department of Defense
U.S. Department of Defense has wide variety of resources available to support the resiliency and recovery of all service members.
After Deployment is a website addressing post-deployment challenges.
America's Heros at Work
America's Heroes at Work -Supporting the Employment Success of Returning Service Members with TBI & PTSD
Wounded Warrior Project’s Warriors to Work
The Warriors to Work program assists warriors with the transition back into the civilian workforce. This free program offers a complete package of employment-assistance services, including resume assistance, interviewing skills, job training, networking and job placement assistance.
This Emotional Life
This Emotional Life - PBS documentary, a two year multi-media campaign to foster awareness, connections and solutions around mental health and emotional well being. The project's campaign for military families is a unique endeavor to build national awareness for the needs of service members and their families.
Home Ownership Information
Housing and Mortgages for Veterans A comprehensive guide that helps veterans and active military to understand the benefits of, types of, and eligibility requirements for VA Loans. Web address: http://www.mortgageloan.com/veterans/
Washington States University's Online MBA Program is one of the best online business schools in America for veterans. Their programs are certified for the GI Bill, and offers assistance from WSU's Office of Veterans Affairs. Please look at WSU's programs here at: http://omba.wsu.edu
Our database provides information on the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act or the G.I. Bill where you can learn which programs they can enter. Now, all our veterans have the opportunity to pursue a degree in the program of their choice and is no longer limited to those that are only offered in their area.
College Planning Guide for Veterans - http://www.onlinecolleges.net/for-students/college-guide-for-veterans