Superior Court
1116 W. Broadway Ave
3rd Floor Annex
Spokane, WA 99260
Contact Us
Skip Navigation Links
Print this page 
Email this page to a friend 

FAQ's Family Court 

Question Mark Graphic for Frequently Asked QuestionsWho do I call to request to appear by telephone for a Family Law/Paternity supervised mediation hearing?

Contact the Family Law Coordinator online to schedule a telephone appearance for a Family Law/Paternity supervised mediation hearing or call 509-477-4423.

Do I have to call in a Family Law/Paternity Motion?

You do not have to call in a Family Law/Paternity Motion if the total declaration pages are 20 pages or less. You must however, call in any Supplemental Modifications to 509-477-2484.  Note: For Monday hearings you must call in by noon the Wednesday before and for Wednesday hearings you must call in on the Friday before.

What if I am low income and cannot afford the filing fee?

You can ask the Court to sign a waiver of the filing fee. You can obtain this form from the Spokane County Clerk’s Office in Room 300 of the Spokane County Courthouse.

Do I need an appointment to speak with a Facilitator?

The Court House Facilitator does see people on a walk-in basis as well as scheduled appointments.    Court House Facilitator User Fee and Schedule

What are the Facilitator hours?

The Court House Facilitator's hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 11:40 a.m., and 1:30 p.m. to 4:10 p.m, except for Tuesday mornings. 

How can I contact the Facilitator if I live outside the State of Washington?
The Court House Facilitator is available for in-person assistance only, no telephone calls or emails.

How do I attend the Sharing the Children Seminar?

There is a list of providers that you need to contact directly to arrange a time to attend the mandatory seminar.