As we approach the Independence Day holiday, be advised that for the week of June 30-July 4th, there will be changes in the schedule of weekly meetings and hours of operation:
• In observance of Independence Day, Spokane County offices will be closed on Friday, July 4th. The Spokane County Courthouse, Public Safety Building, Human Resources, Veterans Services and SCRAPS will also be closed.
• The Board of County Commissioners will be on vacation for the week of June 30-July 4th. Consequently, they will not meet on Tuesday, July 1st for either the 9:00 a.m. CEO Briefing or 2:00 p.m. Administrative Meeting.
However, the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office, 9-1-1, Crime Check, and other essential services will remain open to serve the public. To report a crime, call Crime Check at 456-2233. Please call 9-1-1 to report a life-threatening emergency or if you need an immediate response by law enforcement.
Area residents are reminded that consumer fireworks in any form are illegal to possess, purchase, sell, discharge or use in unincorporated areas of Spokane County, as well as in Millwood and Spokane Valley where the Sheriff’s Office provides contract law enforcement services. Violations are a misdemeanor and punishable by up to 90 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000.
Meanwhile, there’s plenty to do in Spokane County during and after the Independence Day holiday!
• Spokane County Parks, Recreation and Golf – (509) 477-4730
o Golf Courses
? Hangman Valley – (509) 448-1212
? Liberty Lake – (509) 255-6233
? MeadowWood – (509) 255-9539
? Liberty Lake Regional Park – (509) 255-6861
? Northside Family Aquatic Facility – (509) 468-5107
? Southside Family Aquatic Facility – (509) 448-5090
• Spokane County Raceway – (509) 244-3333
o Road Course
? Friday-Sunday, July 4-6th – Chump Car www.chumpcar.com
• Spokane Indians Baseball – (509) 535-2922
o Friday-Sunday, July 4-6th – Spokane Indians vs. Vancouver Canadians
Don't fight the crowds and parking downtown...join us as we celebrate our nation’s Independence with special edition jerseys and a spectacular 4th of July Fireworks show immediately following the game. In addition, support the Wounded Warrior Project in the 4th of July Pennant Run starting at 10:00am at Avista Stadium.
About Spokane County
Spokane County government serves 485,000 citizens and 13 municipal jurisdictions, making it the fourth largest county in the State of Washington. For more information, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.
-# # #-