About the Library
- The collection is developed to enhance the community's access to legal information.
- The goal is to collect materials which explain state, federal law, and court decisions.
- The library collection consists of paper materials such as legal treatises, cases, statutes, administrative regulations, deskbooks, nutshells, digests, Washington legislative history, and reference material.
- In addition, the library has electronic legal resources--See Electronic Resources.
- Law library patrons shall:
- engage in activities directly related to the use of a public law library
- respect the rights of other patrons and staff members
- supervise accompanying children
- maintain quiet
- Law library patrons shall not:
- engage in disruptive and unsafe actions, such as loud talking, screaming, running, throwing things, pushing and shoving, or by behaving in a manner which can reasonably be expected to disturb others
- harass or threaten other patrons or library staff
- stare at or follow another patron or library staff member in a manner which is intimidating or can reasonably be expected to disturb
- damage or deface law library property
- obstruct walkways or aisles with books, briefcases, large exhibits, or personal belongings
- consume food or beverages
- bring in animals other than trained guide or service dogs as defined by RCW 70.84.020 & .021
- engage in an illegal activity
- Patrons whose actions violate any of these rules may be asked to leave the law library
- Washington state county libraries were established in 1919 by RCW 27.24 to provide access to legal information to the courts and bar, and also to the public in counties which have staff available to assist the public.
- The Spokane County Law Library is open to the public, the legal community, and local government departments.
To provide the best possible community service by helping the public with access to legal research needs in order to fulfill the public right to due process in the courts.
2014 Board of Trustees
President of the Board Honorable Judge Salvatore F. Cozza
Trustee Honorable Ellen Kalama Clark
Trustee Frank J. Gebhardt, Esquire
Trustee Geana Van Dessel, Esquire
Ex-Officio Trustee Commissioner Al French
The Board of Trustees meets quarterly on the second Monday of each month.
- Monday March 10th
- Monday June 9th (canceled-lack of quorum)
- Monday September 8th
- Monday December 8th (canceled-lack of quorum)
Special Meeting Schedule
- Wednesday June 18th
- Monday October 13th
- Monday December 15th