Labor Relations Unit
Our Mission is to Build Positive Labor Relationships on behalf of the Board of County Commissioners and Elected Officials by striving for win/win negotiations with a focus on creating a positive work environment while being good stewards of citizens’ tax dollars.
Negotiation Guiding Principles
- Expenditures should not exceed revenues.
- Maintain a 10% rainy day reserve.
- Do not spend one time revenue for ongoing expenses.
- Establish and maintain adequate service levels.
- Sustainable health/welfare benefits require a sharing of the cost/risk of insurance.
- Employee benefits are consistent across Departments unless unique circumstances exist.
- Establish competitive total compensation package based on ability to afford and market.
Location and Contact Information
Spokane County Labor Relations
1229 West Mallon
Spokane, WA 99260
Human Resources Director
View a Map to Human Resources
This page was last edited 9/18/2015 3:42:45 PM .