Labor Relations Unit
Our Mission is to Build Positive Labor Relationships on behalf of the Board of County Commissioners and Elected Officials by striving for win/win negotiations with a focus on creating a positive work environment while being good stewards of citizens’ tax dollars.
Negotiation Guiding Principles
- Expenditures should not exceed revenues.
- Maintain a 10% rainy day reserve.
- Do not spend one time revenue for ongoing expenses.
- Establish and maintain adequate service levels.
- Sustainable health/welfare benefits require a sharing of the cost/risk of insurance.
- Employee benefits are consistent across Departments unless unique circumstances exist.
- Establish competitive total compensation package based on ability to afford and market.
Location and Contact Information
Monroe Court Building
901 N. Monroe Court, Suite 350A
Spokane, WA 99201-2158
Labor Relations Director
View Larger Map
This page was last edited 4/17/2013 11:28:32 AM .