Community Service Program
The Community Service Program provides supervised opportunities for youth to complete community service hours ordered by the Court. Youth are treated with respect at all times and can expect prompt notification, clear directions, fair treatment, and immediate attention to injury or illness.
Download the Community Service Brochure
Community Service supports a variety of public and non profit organizations throughout Spokane County including:
- The Salvation Army
- Union Gospel Mission Thrift Store
- Senior Centers
- Food Banks
- Neighborhood Community Centers
Benefits of Community Service
- Youth have the opportunity to take active responsibility for their actions to repair and make amends, at least symbolically, to the damage that resulted from their poor choices and criminal activity.
- Reduces overcrowding and the unnecessary use of detention but still holds youth accountable for their actions.
- Youth work at non-profit agencies and do special projects that contribute to the community in a positive way, especially those that are most in need.
- Youth doing community service have an opportunity to work side-by-side with positive adult role models and gain new skills and work habits that can be used beyond the community service experience.
Community Service Program Contacts