Spokane County Assessor
Monday - Thursday 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM,
Friday 8:30 AM - 1 PM.
Our Appraisal staff will be available & in the office
Wednesdays from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
Message from the Assessor
Good Residents of Spokane County,
Spokane County is slowly rebounding from the housing crash and great recession. For the first time, the total taxable value of the county will surpass the 2009 assessed value high of 38.7 billion. There are currently 124,981 single family residences in the county. Of those, 95,607 residences continue to be assessed below their 2009 assessed value. To a large degree, the overall increase in value over the past several years was due to new construction and state assessed values.
2015 assessment notices will be in the mail on June 1st. The revaluation of ...read more...
- Revalue all real property parcels to market value annually.
- Inspect all real property parcels at least once every 6 years.
- Maintain inventory, description, ownership, sales and geographical information system mapping data for all county property parcels.
- Prepare annual statement of assessed valuations, tax rates and taxes levied within the various taxing districts of Spokane County.
- Provide information, education, and assistance.
- Provide public computer access to assessment data.
- Allocate value to taxing districts, calculate levy rates, and certify the tax roll to the Treasurer.
- Administer and provide information for property tax exemptions and deferrals:
- Senior citizen and disabled persons Property Tax Exemption
- Current Use Farm & Agriculture, Open Space, Forest Land, and Timber
- Historic properties
- Residential home improvement
- Defends assessments before the Board of Equalization, State Board of Tax Appeals & courts.