When You Receive a Summons
If you have been summoned for jury duty and can serve or would like to postpone your term, complete the juror information online.
Please note: The online system cannot accept excusals. If you would like to submit an excusal for your Jury Service please complete the following steps:
- Complete the Juror Information Form online and print it out.
- Include any required documentation that applies to your hardship.
- Submit your excusal to Jury Management by one of the following 3 methods:
- Fax: 509-477-8703
1116 W. Broadway Avenue
Spokane, WA 99260
The Spokane County Courthouse will be closed in 2017, for the following holidays:
- January 16 - (Jury orientation will take place on Tuesday, January 17)
- February 20 - (Jury orientation will take place on Tuesday, February 21)
- May 29 - (Jury orientation will take place on Tuesday, May 30)
- July 4 - (Jury orientation will take place on Monday, July 3)
- September 4 - (Jury orientation will take place on Tuesday, September 5)
- November 10
- November 23 - 24
- December 25 - (Jury orientation will take place on Tuesday, December 26)
About Jury Duty
Jury duty is an essential element of our judicial system in America. Trial by jury is provided as a constitutional right. Jury duty is one of the privileges of citizenship in the United States. By state law, jurors are selected at random from a Master List generated in Olympia, Washington.
The Jury Office is responsible for the management of juror services for the Superior Court, including qualifying and processing of hundreds of persons weekly for juries throughout Spokane County, Washington. The Jury Office responds to judges' requests for jury panels, as well as the coordination and direction of jurors to courtrooms. In addition, the Jury Office updates records, disburses juror fees, provides an orientation for new jurors, responds to telephone inquiries, reschedules juror's term, excuses disqualified jurors, and oversees the general comfort of jurors.
For additional information on the jury duty process, please refer to the Juror Information page or the FAQs page, or contact the Jury Coordinator.