Park Services Season
Fall 2016 Update for Spokane County Community & Regional Parks
Thank you for another successful park season! All parks have now been winterized. This means that restrooms are closed, water is shut off, picnic tables have been removed, and no trash service is available. Check this page next year for details on 2017 Park Service Levels!
2016 Park Level of Service in Detail
Parks will be open "for access" on April 15th and remain open through October 15th. Services will be provided May 22nd through September 13th as follows:
- Garbage collection and disposal will be provided.
- Restroom cleaning will occur 1 - 3 times per week.
- Lawn Care (Fertilizer Application and Aeration) will be limited.
- Staff will continue to respond to reports of vandalism, but response times may increase.
- Miscellaneous inspections of equipment and facilities such as fences, signs, backstops, drinking fountains, play equipment, benches, tables, and garbage cans will occur 1-3 times per week.
- Tree maintenance and shrub care will be limited.
- Parking lots will be swept and graded not less that once a year.
- Weed trimming will be limited.
- Irrigation of lawn areas will be provided.
- Visits to inspect and adjust sprinklers, time clocks, address dry spots, and complete minor irrigation repairs will occur 1-3 times per week.
- Noxious weed control will be completed as mandated by law within the Department’s capabilities.
- Electricity will be activated*; Tripped breakers may not be reset for days.
*With the exception of Bear Lake Regional Park.