Accessible Communities Advisory Committee
- 2:30 - 4 p.m.
- The 4th Thursday of every month
- Nexus Inland NW/Lilac Services for the Blind
1206-1212 N Howard Street
Spokane, WA 99201
(Wheelchair ramp is available on the south side of the building.)
It is the intention of the Spokane County Accessible Communities Advisory Committee to provide the accommodations necessary for full participation in its meetings.
Individuals requiring accommodations during our meetings, including but not limited to:
interpreter service; hearing loop; real-time captioning; large print; Braille; or recorded materials, are asked to contact Dave Reynolds via email, The Arc of Spokane, at 509-789-8779, 2 weeks in advance of the meeting.
- Members: 15
- Term: 3 years
The purpose of the Accessible Community Advisory Committee is to promote greater awareness of disability issues and to improve access for and inclusion and acceptance of persons with disabilities in Spokane County.
- Advise the Spokane County Board of County Commissioners on addressing the needs of persons with disabilities in emergency plans;
- Advise the county and other local governments within the county on access to programs, services and activities, new construction or renovation projects, sidewalks, other pedestrian routes of travel, and disability parking enforcement;
- Develop local initiatives and activities to promote greater awareness of disability issues, and acceptance, involvement, and access of persons with disabilities within the community;
- Conduct public hearings and other investigations to determine the needs and priorities of county residents with disabilities;
- Carry out other duties that the Spokane County Board of County Commissioners may request under the provisions of the State of Washington Accessible Communities Act (Chapter 215, Laws of 2010)
The ACAC Meets at least 4 times per year for 1.5 hours. Other meetings may be scheduled as needed.